Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Homemade or attempt there of...





With the change in temperature these days I have been very anxious to spend time cooking in the kitchen.  This past weekend I challenged myself to start creating one new dish each week for the family. This is in an attempt to break from my mold of cooking the same ole same ole for dinner. I also enjoy cooking and thought this would give me the extra push I need to try new recipes or any of the ones piling up on my recipe book shelf. I started out by making a chicken corn chowder on Sunday. All was going well until I realized that I was out of saltine cracker or anything similar to add to it. So in a very brave moment I decided I would make my very own saltine crackers. The recipe was beyond easy and ending up being a huge hit with little miss E and Farmer D. I don't plan on ever buying saltines again these are my new favorite pantry item!

Homemade Saltines
1 cup of flour
2 tbs of melted butter
3-7 tbs of water

With a mixer stir together the flour and melted butter, once combined slowly add a tablespoon of water at a time until you see the mixture become more of a ball of dough and the sides of the bowl are clean. Remove the dough and roll out onto floured surface, you can add salt here if you like. Once rolled out paper thin begin to cut your crackers to the size you prefer. I used a pizza slice and made rectangle shapes as you see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment